Cut down on pool maintainance and let Pool Frog® do the work for you! Pool Frog® knows why you bought your pool in the first place;
to have fun. The last thing on your mind should be pool care. With Pool Frog®, your pool water will look and feel better without a lot of work or a lot
of chlorine. Pool Frog® minerals destroy bacteria and help keep the pH in a safe range without monitoring while reducing chlorine use. Pool Frog® gives
you a reliable way to have fresh, clear, clean water in your pool. It's easier, too, with pre-filled containers that can be recycled when empty.
The end result is softer water that has an added sparkle!
There are four parts to the Pool Frog® Mineral Systems; the Cycler, the Mineral Reservoir and the pre-filled chlorine Bac Pac.
- The Pool Frog® Cycler acts as the "water treatment center" and controls the flow of water through the system.
No extra plumbing. No electricity. No extra headaches!
- The Pool Frog® Mineral Reservoir fits inside the Cycler and contains our EPA approved mineral formula that continually replenishes for added protection
against bacteria. The Mineral Resorvoir also helps keep your pool's pH balanced by acting as a neutralizer. One Mineral Reservoir will last the full season
or up to 6 months. Order two reservoirs for year round pools.
- Pool Frog® pre-filled chlorine Bac Pacs are inserted into the Mineral Reservoir to dispense low levels of chlorine for 1 to 3 weeks. The complete
Pool Frog® system allows you to cut chlorine use by up to 50%* over standard water treatment programs.
- Add the Pool Frog® Bam Algae Preventative and get the added benefit of Pool Frog®'s Algae Protection Guarantee when combined
with either an Inground or Above Ground Pool Frog® system. It's easy to dispense and remarkably effective for a full 90 days!
The patented Control Dial on the front of the Cycler lets you manage the amount of water flowing through the system. Water is circulated upward
into the Mineral Reservoir and chlorine Bac Pac simultaneously. The erosion design of this system continuously dispenses chlorine at a precise low level
(only 0.5ppm is needed). Once you've determined the correct flow rate for your pool just set it and forget it... even for weeks at a time!
Our Above Ground Inline Pool Frog® is a complete system of Minerals and Chlorine, with a precise dial for achieving at least 0.5 ppm chlorine level.
Includes a Pool Frog® Cycler 6100 and Mineral Reservoir Series 5100. The Cycler is installed in-line with 1.5 inch threaded ports for pools up to 25,000
gallons. The Mineral Reservoir lasts 6 months. Includes new easy to remove cap and new control dial for more precise feeding. No tools required.
Our InGround Inline Pool Frog® also includes both Mineral and Chlorine and treats pools up to 40,000 gallons.
Our InGround Offline Pool Frog® also includes both Mineral and Chlorine and treats pools up to 40,000 gallons.
*Compared to the minimum EPA recommended chlorine level of 1.0 ppm for a stabilized swimming pool
What others are saying...
Thanks for carrying POOL FROG! I have used the POOL FROG products for FOUR YEARS in my 27 foot pool. Not only is it easy but has saved me time and money!
I would recommend it to anyone who would prefer spending more time playing on their pool than cleaning it!
Special this month!
Get a Pool Frog® Season Chemical Pac of 6 Bac Pacs and 1 Bam Algaecide
free with any Above Ground Pool Frog® purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Minerals in your pool
- What minerals are in your system and how do they work'
- Silver and limestone. The silver controls bacteria and the limestone absorbs acids from chemicals, like chlorine, helping to maintain a neutral pH.
- How long have minerals been used to keep water clean'
- Minerals have been used for centuries. The Romans put silver coins in urns to help maintain water clarity longer. In more recent times, minerals are used
every day in the medical industry with tremendous results. Some of these same minerals, like silver, are found in the FROG products.
- How long will the minerals last'
- In our pool products the minerals will last six months or one pool season whichever is shorter. Once activated by water, the minerals are effective
for only six months or one pool season. Once removed from the water, the minerals may not be reused the following season.
- How do the minerals enter the water'
- The minerals enter the water at a low parts per billion level through a controlled release system that prevents over-dosing.
- Do the minerals contain any potentially harmful metals'
- No. Our minerals do not have any known harmful affects.
- Will the minerals really allow me to cut my chlorine usage by 50%'
- Yes, under most circumstances the average pool owner will be able to lower their chlorine level to 0.5-1ppm, which is up to 50%* less than most pools.
*Compared to the minimum EPA recommended chlorine level of 1.0 ppm for a stabilized swimming pool.
- Do the minerals have a "shelf life"'
- No, until the minerals are wetted, they will not expire; store in a dry location.
- What tools are needed'
- Screwdriver, pipe wrench, hacksaw, tape measure and for off-line installations, a battery operated drill with 5/8 inch or 19/32 inch bit.
- Are there any recommended materials that are not included with my FROG system'
- A check valve is recommended to prevent chlorinated water from backing up into the heater when the pump is off. Off-line models will also require a drill.
The smaller units will need a hose adapter, one section of 1 1/2 inch flex hose and pipe thread tape. Larger units will need PVC cement and pipe thread sealant.
- Can I install an off-line unit in-line'
- No. The off-line unit is not designed to be installed in-line and will not function correctly.
- Can I install an above ground unit on an in ground pool'
- Yes, up to 25,000 gallons. It will be important to follow the instructions found in the above ground POOL FROG manual.
- Can I use Teflon tape on the pipe threads'
- Teflon tape may be used only on the threaded end of the hose adapters on above ground installations. Pipe thread sealant should be used on all in ground installations as these ports are tapped (rough) not molded (smooth).
- How far should the cycler be installed from the heater'
- In most installations, the space is tight. Install as far as possible (ideal is 3 ft.).
- What role does a check valve play'
- The check valve can be used as an added safety feature to protect the heater from chlorine backwash when the pump turns off.
- What should my back pressure be'
- Ideal back pressure is at least 4 psi.
- What is involved in a special installation'
- A by-pass should be considered which directs the water off the main line to reduce flow through the unit. Consult your manual for additional instructions.
- When would a special installation be required'
- Special installations may be required when water flow is higher than 80gpm, an in-floor cleaner is installed, the pool and spa share common equipment
or solar heating is present. Special features put a lot of stress on the sanitation unit. When they turn on, they create a spike in the pressure,
which causes a force of water to shoot up higher than normal inside the sanitation unit which can cause cracking that leads to leaks.
- Why should I use the POOL FROG System'
- Less work. Less chlorine. The POOL FROG system offers innovative mineral Technology for pool care. With POOL FROG, water will look and feel better
without a lot of work or chlorine. This system controls bacteria using a combination of minerals and reduced chlorine levels. The end result is softer
water that has an added sparkle.
- What are the four parts to the POOL FROG System'
- The POOL FROG System is 4 parts in one. First, the POOL FROG Cycler serves as a Water Treatment Center and controls the flow of water.
Second, the POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir, the essential part of the system, is placed inside the Cycler and holds one season's worth of minerals.
Third, a Chlorine Bac Pac is placed inside the POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir. Fourth, your pool can receive guaranteed algae protection for 90 days
by using FROG BAM before inserting a Bac Pac.
- How often will the Chlorine Pac need to be replaced'
- The smaller Bac Pac will last 7-10 days on in ground pools and 2-3 weeks on above ground pools. The larger pacs will last 3-5 weeks. Actual times
will vary depending on pool size, pump size and run time, number of swimmers, water and air temperatures.
- Can I use only the Mineral Reservoir and not the Chlorine Bac Pacs'
Yes, but you do need to use an alternative source of chlorine in the pool at all times. Most methods for adding chlorine will not be as precise as the Bac Pac
so your chlorine levels may be higher than 0.5-1 ppm. Set the dial on maximum if using minerals only.
- Can I use bromine with the POOL FROG System'
- We cannot recommend bromine support because the POOL FROG will be EPA registered for use with chlorine only.
- Can the POOL FROG System be used with an ionizer'
- No, there is no need to duplicate the mineral content in the water (especially silver). The potential for over-dosing could lead to problems.
- Can I cut the Pac open when it's empty and refill it with bulk chlorine'
- You should not attempt to convert the POOL FROG System into a bulk feeder for a number of reasons. The cycler will experience a loss of control,
which could result in over chlorination, and more importantly the warranty would be void for not using as directed.
- Can the POOL FROG System be used with an Ozone System or Salt Chlorine Generator'
- The POOL FROG, when used as a complete system with periodic shocking, offers complete pool care in one complete unit. Some builders promote the addition
of other systems to compliment the POOL FROG, such as Ozone Systems or Salt Chlorine Generators. Both of these systems are compatible with the POOL FROG.
Ozone acts as a shocking mechanism reducing the need for shock. We still require a low-level chlorine residual in the pool at all times. Salt Chlorine
Generators would eliminate the need for POOL FROG Chlorine Pacs. The Salt Chlorine Generator should be adjusted down to maintain a lower level of chlorine
in the pool.
- Why won't the tablets in my Bac Pac dissolve'
- The most common cause is that the chlorine tablets have not fallen down into the area where the water flows through. Shake the pac to make the tablets
fall into place. Low back pressure may also be the reason. By reducing the size of the eyeball fitting in the return will correct this.
- What is the warranty coverage'
- The POOL FROG has a limited two-year warranty, which can be extended to ten years if the warranty card is returned or submitted online within 60 days
of installation. For full warranty details, see the back of your instruction manual.
- Can I convert from Baquacil or Biguanide to POOL FROG'
- Yes, but first you must convert the pool to a chlorine pool. Many pool dealers sell kits to convert pools to chlorine.
Pool Frog Bam Algaecide
- Why should I use FROG BAM'
- Algae are a pool's worst nightmare. Even with a great water care system like the POOL FROG, those steaming summer days, poor circulation pockets
or accidental drops in chlorine levels could cause what no pool owner ever asks for. How can you guarantee that algae won't ruin your summer this year'
- How does FROG BAM work'
- It's so easy; just follow our 90/90 rule. Insert FROG BAM into the Mineral Reservoir, set your control dial to maximum and run your pump for 90 minutes,
allowing BAM to circulate in your pool water. After 90 minutes, remove the BAM cartridge and discard. If using the Bac Pac, insert into the Mineral Reservoir.
Your pool is now protected from algae for 90 days!
- What are the active ingredients in FROG BAM'
- The main active ingredient is copper. Unlike many algaecides FROG BAM uses a very low level of copper, just 3%, and it stays in suspension for 90 days!
- Could the copper in FROG BAM stain my pool'
- FROG BAM will not stain if used as directed. Thousands of customers have used it with great results.